Monday, July 10, 2006

My friend Flickr


Let's talk Flickr... When I think about Flickr I think of what my TV used to do when it was about to go to the dump. But that's not what Flickr means these days. Flickr, according to Wikipedia is "a digital photo sharing website and web services suite, which is generally considered Web 2.0."

While it is a photo sharing website, it is so much more. Flickr not only lets you store and share your photos, but it lets you organize them and tag them (for those unfamiliar, tagging is adding words to aid in searching er... finding images), order prints, create slide shows, show them on your own website, and much more. I'll devote some space in the coming days to a "getting started with Flickr how to" and get more in depth about the things you can do with your photos once you have them on Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home