Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Flashy Flickr


I just stumbled across something new on Flickr, a flash gallery/slideshow. I suppose it's name is "Flash Slideshow". Talk about a boring name for such an awesome application. It is Flickr native and runs from your Flickr photos on the Flickr site. It allows you to display your Flickr photos in a unique and well designed flash presentation. Look at a sample whith my Flickr Landscapes Gallery below.




Be sure to click on one of the images to see how it displays the info about the photo. You can access the slide show controls by mousing over the top of the interface and if you are impatient, like me, you can see thumbnails and navigate at your own pace by mousing over the bottom of the interface.
I found a hack on blogger templates that basically puts a frame in your blog and displays the slideshow from flickr right in your post. One of the issues with that was that it was too wide to fit on my template. So, I hacked the hack and made a static page on my site and linked to it in a new custom window (code available on request). Go get your frame code and start flashing your Flickr on your site.... (is that legal?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home