Monday, July 17, 2006

Netflix vs. Blockbuster


Has Blockbuster found a way to kill off Netflix? In my mind they have. Blockbuster is offering up to 3 movies out at a time and one free rental per week at your local store for $17.99. Netflix has 3 out at a time for $17.99 but you don't get any in store rentals or any other perks

I was terrible about returning videos, that is why I went with Netflix in the first place. Now that Blockbuster has the "No Late Fees Ever" (read 7days or you buy it on your credit card), I have plenty of time to get my sorry behind back to the store to return it. So when Netflix asks why I am canceling my membership (again), I'll tell them that I basically get 4 out at a time with BB and if I get that Saturday night craving for Bad News Bears, I can run down and get it, before I come to my senses and replace it on my cue.

Want to know who is really going to win the war with online rentals? The first one that gets their head out of their bum long enough to realize that people want to get their games and movies in one place, with one fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home