Thursday, July 20, 2006

Radio Shack saves the day


Laugh if you will, Radio Shack saved my butt. Yes that's right, the "on the corner", "in the mall" "red headed step child" of electronics stores really came through for me today. I was running late this morning, I had a shoot to do this afternoon, nothing major, a swim team. I grabbed my gear bag and headed out. Some time around lunch I thought to check my battery, it had been fully charged just the other day at my son's baseball game, but I thought I'd better check just to be sure. It was low. I have 40 kids to shoot this evening and no way is this going to work out for me. I thought that I would just charge it. I open my bag and to my dismay, there is no charger. CRAP! I'm in deep.

Since my house is 50 minutes away, I went by the mall at lunch and dropped in on Radio Shack on the off chance that they might have a battery charger for a Canon BP511 (10D battery). I walked in and looked around for a bit. I noticed that they have all kinds of iPod stuff, but that is not why I was there. I asked a clerk if they had a BP511 battery. He tapped on his computer for a second and walked over to and end cap on one of the isles. He turned to me and asked if it was for a Canon camera. I could not believe they had it, I really was not looking for a battery, but I could use an extra to prevent situations like this in the future. I then asked if they had a charger for it. He walked over to another isle and picked up a universal charger and looked at it for a second before replying "yep, right here". Sweet! Now I am all set and I may prevent future problems due to low batteries.

Thanks Radio Shack, I may look to you more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home